At South Dayton Presbyterian Church, we know that your child is precious. It is our desire that you will be able to participate fully in our services or Sunday School, free from the distraction of worrying that your child is being well cared for. We are pleased to offer a loving, well-staffed nursery for your child (up to age 3). This nursery is available to you from 8:30 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. each Sunday and is also available for special church wide services and events at other times throughout the year.
Here are just some of the steps that we take in order to provide an environment for your child that is healthy and nurturing:
- All of our nursery workers undergo background checks.
- We do not permit children to enter the nursery who are displaying signs of illness, such as a runny nose with colored discharge, cough or fever, pink-eye, etc.
- If your child becomes ill while in the nursery, we will notify you immediately so that you can remove your child from the nursery and give your child the special care he/she needs.
- We maintain records of each child, taking care to follow instructions for special needs.
- Children are only released from the nursery to the appropriate guardian who has been designated on the registration forms.
- All toys, furnishings, linens are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Parents are welcome to stay in the nursery with your child at any time.
For additional questions about our nursery, please contact our nursery coordinator, Gina Parvani, or simply ask one of the nursery workers on Sunday. They would be glad to assist you.
We understand that some parents may wish to keep their children with them during the services, or perhaps a parent may seek a comfortable place to nurse an infant. In addition to our nursery, we also provide a "Cry Room" for your convenience. Located in the rear of the Worship Center, this room is equipped with comfortable seating and a changing table. It also features a tinted window and sound speaker (with a volume knob) so that parents do not need to miss the service in order to minister to their child's needs.
Gina Parvani, Nursery Coordinator
Gina has been a member of SDPC since Feb. 2007. She’s been happily married to Shahram since March of 2003 and they have 2 beautiful daughters, Sahar (1988) and Marisah (1993). She is a financial analyst as well as a Licensed Practical Nurse. She had the privilege of running a Day Care in her home for four years and believes it’s a blessing and a gift to be invited to share in the lives and the development of our babies and toddlers. She also feels that it is a joy to be able to care for them, and to help them grow in the knowledge and truth of Jesus Christ right from the start.
Paula joined the SDPC nursery team in Sept., 2006. She attends worship at a local Vineyard church on Saturday evenings, so she is able to help us on Sunday mornings. Paula is a mother of two grown sons and she has one granddaughter.
- Mother, Grandmother, Den Mother, Junior Church Leader, and Child Care Worker.
- 8 years daycare/teaching experience with 2-year-olds.
- Currently a regular Baby Sitter for three families.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid, Communicable Diseases and Child Abuse awareness.
- Extensive course work in Mini-University, Inc. in the areas of first aid, child abuse recognition, caring for children with special needs, discipline, use of art in early childhood development.